Friday, February 15, 2008

FINNALY New DLC for PGR4

Love was in the air on Valantines when Bizzare realesed 2 new items downloadable from the Xbox live marketplace. The first on is free and includes two new gamtypes and one new car. The other one has the same two gametypes and several new cars and bikes. Seeing that I have no microsoft points (because if I did it would go to the new Halo maps) I will give you my impresions on the free pack. The two new gametypes are Tourist and Cat and Mouse. Tourist is a timed basicly free roam around the city with other players. The winner is the player with the most Kudos. This is my biggest problem with this new gametype. Everyone wants to win so ussualy instead of having fun just driving around players just do donuts to rack up points. This ruins the game for me seeing the point is to just have fun and drive around with friends. The second gametype cat and mouse I found a great addition to PGR4. It splits you into teams one player from each team is the mouse (a G class car) the rest of the teams or the cats (A class cars). The goal of the mouse is to get the certain amount of lap before the other one. The goal of the Cats is to protect your mouse and smash the other teams mouse to make it spin out and such. This game is best played in a very small map so if your a cat you can catch up to the mice very quickly. The problem I have with this is it dosen auto assign the mouse. So you maight have a team that want to be all cats or if you have more than one people that want to be mice. This can sotimes make the lobby wait very long. Other than that it is a good variation from the basic street racing. The new car you get is the Pegout Flux. I don't like this car at all. It is an E class car so it is slow. But it has horrible acceleration and really band handaling. Ontop of al that it is electric so it makes no noise so you dont get a good feeling when you drive it. But I have to say it is a very cool looking car (see picture). Infront of the passenger seat it hosts an xbox 360 (although I have no idea where the t.v is). The car is mainly for looks and spices up the E catagory and its free so I dont think anyone will mind an extra car. This is a great pack that PGR fans are sure to love.

No comments: