Tuesday, February 3, 2009

FEAR2 Demo

The FEAR2 demo just hit the XBL Market place. I have downloaded it played it and let me tell you it is not for the squeemish. I had the lights off the sound off and I was screaming constanly the whole way through. It is a mixture of both jump out at you and mess with your head scary. Alma that scary little girl the the first FEAR was famous for is even more creepy. But what I really love is the mixture of both horror and action. It will have you crap your pants when you see alma walk on the ceiling and cause lockers to explode right in front of you. Then you'll me thrown into the amazing combat and you will be too scared to realize what is going on untill the enimies have knoced over tables and gotten into cover. Luckly you can do the same but knocking them over is as far as you will get. There is no cover system so it is still twitch based. The graphics are amazing and that is an understatment. I have not seen such a good looking 360 game ever! It somewhat reminds me of killzone 2 for PS3. The demo also featured a mech walking segment which was great fun! The descripsion says that the full game will feature 2 player co op. I think that might take allot of the scare away but it would still be fun for a second play-through.
All in all FEAR2 was an amazingly fun and scary game and is looking very promising.

No comments: